ORDITAL provides post processing services to further enhance the accuracy of data that is delivered to our clients.
USING PATTERNS TO IMPROVE RAW DATA
There are significant savings that organizations can make by purchasing multiple units of an equipment item. One large purchase order is easier than lots of smaller purchase orders, and lots of units of the same equipment item are cheaper to hold spares for and maintain than a wide range of similar equipment items. Because of this commercial reality, organizations tend to have multiple units of the same equipment item.
When we get data raw data extracted we are only going to get what a human can see on the image. Name plates might be damaged, photos might be blurry, and there might be different opinions as to the correct interpretation of a values. In the following 3 examples we are showing the results where we have had multiple judgements with identical results for each of the 3 photos shown below.
- MAKE - any of the following could be correct and at the end of the day it comes down to how the operator is cataloguing that make.
- ANDERSON GREENWOOD
- ANDERSON GREENWOOD INSTRUMENTATION
- ANDERSON GREENWOOD INSTRUMENTATION PRODUCTS
- MODEL - it is easy for humans to misinterpret characters when the name plate might be corroded or the image is not clear.
- An O might be entered as a 0
- A Q might be entered as a O
- An S might be entered as an 8
In the table below we show some actual results of data that has been generated from the photos below.
|ANDERSON GREENWOOD INSTRUMENTATION||F63VSS-061K-047B-316T-SG-MP04-BVL(P)-PV|